Family School Liaison Worker Mrs. Kandice Wynia
I hope you all had a wonderful summer break. I am glad to be back at Falun School for my 5th year. I will available on Mondays and Thursdays.
My role at the school is to provide emotional-social support and counseling to the students. I also provide crisis intervention, groups and referral to community agencies.
Please contact me if your child would benefit from support with:
- peer relations ie. friendship conflicts, bullying, lack of friendship skills
- regulation with emotions ie, anger/worry/fear etc
- behavior ie, impulse control, aggression etc
- family ie. illness/death of a loved one, separation/divorce, parent-child/sibling conflicts
- coping strategies for stress, test/academic performance anxiety
Referrals can be made through the teacher, by the parent or student self-refer. Consent from parents is required. If I supported your child last year and you would like continued support for this year, please contact me at the school, as a new consent form will need to be signed.
Parenting can be challenging. I am also available to provide support/information to parents. I am trained in Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) and Struggling Kids. Both programs provide parents with the skills needed to develop positive and effective relationships with their children. If you are interested in either program or would like information about parenting strategies, please contact me at the school or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kandice Wynia, FSL